Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NutNick1982
Helper I
Helper I

Marking first instance for multiple items

Hi PowerBI Community!

I have a question that hopefully someone can help me out with. I need to mark the first instance  when a “job” goes to 100% complete. There are multiple jobs in the dataset and each one needs to be marked only on the first instance that it reaches 100% complete.

Example of the current dataset looks like this:

datasetexample.jpg

Basically I need another column with the marks the first instance only of a job reaching 100%:

finisheddataexample.jpg

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@NutNick1982 solution attached

image.png

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@NutNick1982 add a new meaure like this

First Reached to 100% = 
VAR __date = CALCULATE ( MIN ( Table[Date] ), ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[JobId] ), Table[PerentComplete] = 1 )
RETURN
IF ( __date = CALCULATE ( MIN ( Table[Date] ), ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[JobId] ), Table[PerentComplete] = 1 ), "Yes" ) 

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@NutNick1982 seems like I missed something, will try to reproduce at my end or if you can send pbix with sample data, it will be very helpful.

It doesn't allow me to share the file on the forum..... the sample data i used to test your measure is below:

DateJob IDPercent Complete

5/31/20191A90%
5/31/20192B80%
6/30/20191A95%
6/30/20192B85%
7/31/20191A99%
7/31/20192B90%
8/31/20191A100%
8/31/20192B95%
9/30/20191A100%
9/30/20192B99%
10/31/20191A100%
10/31/20192B100%
11/30/20191A100%
11/30/20192B100%
12/31/20191A100%
12/31/20192B100%

@NutNick1982 solution attached

image.png

Thank you for your reply. I'm getting "Yes" for all results.

Results in my Table:

sample1.jpg

Measure that I input:

sample2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.