Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ahines
Advocate I
Advocate I

Mapping

Hello,

I am wondering how to, or if it is even possible, to create a filled map based on USA counties and then put dots of individual locations on that map. Would a custom shape file be able to this or I am out of luck?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ahines,

Could you try the ArcGIS maps in Power BI to see if it meets your requirements?Smiley Happy

m1.PNGm2.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ahines
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello,

I am wondering how , or if it is possible, to create a filled map by USA counties and then being able to put dots on the same map, with the dots being inidividual locations. Would you be able to do this with a custom shape map?

Hi,

I am wondering how to, or if it is even possible, to create a filled map with USA counties and then put dots of individual locations on that filled map. Would I be able to do this with a custom shape map or am I SOL?

Hi @ahines,

Could you try the ArcGIS maps in Power BI to see if it meets your requirements?Smiley Happy

m1.PNGm2.PNG

Regards

Would ArcGIS maps allow me to create my own layer? I've got different values for each county that I want to make my own layer of and want to plot individual locations on that layer. Thanks for your response!

Hi @ahines,

Yes, you should be able to add your own ArcGIS Reference Layers for Power BI. Here a good article about how to do it for your reference.Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.