Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JamesBurke
Helper II
Helper II

MapBox

Hi All , 

I'm Currently Using a Map Box Visual 

Screenshot 2024-04-30 115715.pngScreenshot 2024-04-30 115730.png

Is there Any way to Clearly Represent the heights of the Buildings , Power Bi Map Box is kept to 1 Extrusion Minimum but this still seems too big ?

Any Help would be Appericated 

Thanks, James. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ikesil
Frequent Visitor

Hi James,

I also use the Power Bi Map Box visual and there is no actual way of setting an specific size (height) to the items in the map. There always needs to be an element with the maximum height.

As a workaround, you could add 2 dummy elements in the map, separated from the rest of the buildings, and then create a calculated column with numeric values for the sizes of the buildings (for example from 10 to 0). With this column you could set the maximum and minimum height to the dummy buildings (the separated ones) and set the height of the rest of the buildings with an intermediate value (for example 3).

As a result, you would get 1 dummy building with maximum height, another one with minimum height, and the rest of them with the height you specified in the calculated column. You could also give a specific value to each building, but it isn't a very fun process when working with big maps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ikesil
Frequent Visitor

Hi James,

I also use the Power Bi Map Box visual and there is no actual way of setting an specific size (height) to the items in the map. There always needs to be an element with the maximum height.

As a workaround, you could add 2 dummy elements in the map, separated from the rest of the buildings, and then create a calculated column with numeric values for the sizes of the buildings (for example from 10 to 0). With this column you could set the maximum and minimum height to the dummy buildings (the separated ones) and set the height of the rest of the buildings with an intermediate value (for example 3).

As a result, you would get 1 dummy building with maximum height, another one with minimum height, and the rest of them with the height you specified in the calculated column. You could also give a specific value to each building, but it isn't a very fun process when working with big maps.

Thanks for this , 

JamesBurke_0-1714480011955.png

My Current table looks like this  , i have two Columns in my Map box dataset Postcode (to give the Map a location) and Height ( to give the Height Values. 

However the buildings are still all the same size not sure why ? (and still Relly big compared to the Map box Map) 

Thanks James.

Ignore Me , Fixed it , Thankyou !

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.