Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Fitin1rb
Helper III
Helper III

Map Errors with Lat/Long coordinates

I just updated Power BI Dekstop to the December version and now I am having issues with the maps.  It tells me that my Latitude and Longitude values are not valid.  This just started happening after my update.  Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Thanks
Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Fitin1rb,

Please use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.53.4954.621), the Latitude/Longitude issue has been fixed in this update.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Fitin1rb,

Please use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.53.4954.621), the Latitude/Longitude issue has been fixed in this update.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Same problem here; I have lat/lon coordinates from Buenos Aires (formatted as decimal numbers with the corresponding latitude/longitude data category) and the Map is blank. If I throw my points on scatter chart (with lat/lon in the axis), the points show correctly (see attached image).error.pngI need a solution for this please! Thanksssss

@v-yuezhe-msft,

I have the latest Jan 2018 version, 2.54.4970.781, and I'm still getting the lat/long error.  

joglidden
Advocate III
Advocate III

Come on PBI Team, fix this. I think you jacked up your fancy new 'Latitude' and 'Longitude' Data Categories. Now they won't render on a map in the corresponding fields, and I can't even get them to render in a table. Is it possible that null values are causing this feature to crash? 

When I try to go with 'Uncategorized', and 'Don't summarize', it tries to average them in a table. Really?

I wish you would get after this because ArcGIS maps suck and we don't have any alternative to a Bing map. 

Fitin1rb
Helper III
Helper III

I am also having issues when using City/State on the normal map visuals.  I have in excess of 2,000 locations (on City and State basis), however, only one location shows up.  Maps have been causing major issues unless I use ERSI which reloads everytime we switch pages.

hayden
Regular Visitor

Hi there I am having issues also. Maps are not showing on the latest update a week ago we had no issue and this worked great. we have some upset clients wanting to review on line and sitribute mapping information only 15000 locations and not one will show on the online version of power BI. seems to work on the desktop version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.