Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hoze

Looping through date range as parameters to web page to generate appended table

Hello,

I have set out to try to automate an appended table generated from tables invoked from parameterized dates in the web page, but creating a loop has been beyond my ability as someone just getting acquianted with power query. 

I've manually been able to generate an appended table such as:

(parameters corresponding to start and end date)

let
Source = Table.Combine({Date("01-01", "01-01"),Date("01-02", "01-02")})
in
Source

But I would really appreciate a query that could 'loop', via list.accumulate perhaps, a list of dates, where the return is an appended table that includes data of each day from the start of the year.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@hoze,

You may refer to the post below.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/combine-tables-via-crawling-a-list-of-files/m-p/377671#M11...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@hoze,

You may refer to the post below.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/combine-tables-via-crawling-a-list-of-files/m-p/377671#M11...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hoze

I have managed to generate a list of the days from the start of the year:

let
Source = GetDaysList(#date(2018, 1, 1), Duration.Days(DateTime.Date(DateTime.FixedLocalNow())-#date(2018,1,1)), #duration(1, 0, 0, 0)),
ToTable = Table.FromList(Source, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
MonthDay = Table.AddColumn(ToTable, "Day", each
Text.PadStart(Number.ToText(Date.Month([Column1])),2,"0")
&"-"&
Text.PadStart(Number.ToText(Date.Day([Column1])),2,"0")),
DeleteColumn = Table.RemoveColumns(MonthDay,{"Column1"}),
TableList = Table.ToList (DeleteColumn)
in
TableList

My problem of using the list as an input to a 'looping' table-appending query (i.e. list accumulate) remains... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.