Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

linhvu
Frequent Visitor

Lookup value in a measure with multiple conditions

Hi everyone
I have one measure of the growth rate of every single product by region and by country
Example: 
Region                   APAC
Country                 Australia
Product Type         growth rate

A                           59,2%
B                            120%
I wanna do forecast for 2023 based on sales last year and the growth rate. Let's say I want to forecast future sales in April 2023 by product type, by country based on the growth rate.
Region         APAC

Month        Australia

April           Sales LY          Forecast

A                1000               

B                 750
How could I calculate the forecast by multiplying the sales LY with the corresponding growth rate?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@linhvu , if you have date you can create measure of this year vs last year using these measures and get change %

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
This year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))
Last year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"12/31"))
YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),previousyear('Date'[Date]))
Last to last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]))

//Only year vs Year, not a level below

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1))

Diff%
diff = [This Year]-[Last Year ]
diff % = divide([This Year]-[Last Year ],[Last Year ])

Time Intelligence, Part of learn Power BI https://youtu.be/cN8AO3_vmlY?t=27510
Time Intelligence, DATESMTD, DATESQTD, DATESYTD, Week On Week, Week Till Date, Custom Period on Period,
Custom Period till date: https://youtu.be/aU2aKbnHuWs&t=145s

@amitchandak Thanks so much for your respond but I have no probem with calculating the growth (YoY%). I have this growth rate/YoY% change for every single product by country and region, however, when calculating the forecast, I cannot seem to find a solution to plug these rates into a formula

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.