Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mwnance
Helper I
Helper I

Look Up not working as expected

I have table AllWorkItems which has an ID  (ID can be in there multiple times)  and a title

Table WorkItemLink  has 2  Ids.   source ID and Target Id.

If I do this lookup   

IDTitle = LOOKUPVALUE(AllWorkItems[Title], AllWorkItems[Work Item Id], WorkItemLinks[SourceWorkItemId], AllWorkItems[Is Current], TRUE)
I get the Title from the Table.

If I do this and try to search AllWorkItems by Target ID i get a blank
TargetIDTitle = LOOKUPVALUE(AllWorkItems[Title], AllWorkItems[Work Item Id], WorkItemLinks[TargetWorkItemId], AllWorkItems[Is Current], TRUE)

I know the Target Id is in the AllWorkItems.   but it is not listed as a source Id in WorkItems links.. is that possibly the problem?

Cant figure out why this is not working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwnance ,

I can't reproduce your problem, you can find the details in the attachment. Could you please check if there is any space in the field WorkItemLinks[TargetWorkItemId] to cause that there is no matched Work Item Id in the table AllWorkItems and  get the title?

yingyinr_0-1661244721637.png

If it is convenient, could you please provide some sample data in these two tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @mwnance ,

Whether your problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem as yours. Thank you.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwnance ,

I can't reproduce your problem, you can find the details in the attachment. Could you please check if there is any space in the field WorkItemLinks[TargetWorkItemId] to cause that there is no matched Work Item Id in the table AllWorkItems and  get the title?

yingyinr_0-1661244721637.png

If it is convenient, could you please provide some sample data in these two tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data and show the expected result very clearly.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.