Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

marotz464
Regular Visitor

Log Daily Results into New Table

I have a report in the Power BI desktop that shows the total value of our inventory.  The report refreshes nightly and the data comes from an SQL table.

This data is always a snapshot- there is not table that stores historical inventory data.  I would like to log the results from the report each night into a new table and then use that table to show a change in inventory trend.

I have looked at the inventory examples with DAX but haven't been able to make anything work.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Power BI is a  reporting data base, not a data storage tool. You should store the historical data in SQL Server and load it from there

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Power BI is a  reporting data base, not a data storage tool. You should store the historical data in SQL Server and load it from there

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

hank you Matt!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.