Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBILover
Helper V
Helper V

Loading Power Bi Desktop data

Hi,

I have a Cosmos db where i am getting data by Company . In this container i am getting 2 types of documents and they both are related by partition Key column. First document is having data like company name, partion Key, Client name, transaction information  etc  and second document  is  having data related to the events of transaction (Partition key, Event, (Event data)). In second document we dont have any company info and we can relate this with first document  through partition key only. actually its like one company transaction can have multiple events in a same container and  documents are related through partition key .

To simplify , here i am trying to load data in 2 seperate tables. first is company transaction data filtered on company name.

and in second table loading all data  for the events by filtering on the column (event ) <> null  then makinge a relation ship and then  visualization on this. But in this approach i am facing the issue that in second table it is loading event data for all companies (As i am not able to filter out on company name for second document). 

Is there any approach to load data for a specific company in a second table? (like using DAX etc)

Thanks 

PBILover

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBILover ,

You can try:

1. Add filters for your reports in the filter pane.
  2. Create a measure like this, put it in the visual filter and set its value as 1: measure = if(selectedvalue([company]) = "xxx",1,0)
  3. Before loading data into power bi desktop, you can filter the specific company data in power query editor first, refer: Filter data (Power Query) 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBILover ,

You can try:

1. Add filters for your reports in the filter pane.
  2. Create a measure like this, put it in the visual filter and set its value as 1: measure = if(selectedvalue([company]) = "xxx",1,0)
  3. Before loading data into power bi desktop, you can filter the specific company data in power query editor first, refer: Filter data (Power Query) 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.