Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Mouseman85
Helper I
Helper I

Link a column with text and a value together to create a chart

Hi, 

I'm fairly new to Power Bi and have been tasked in creating a report for our 209 counties use a preset excel that can't change, as each area will need to update that excel, we where currently using excel to generate charts embedding them in powerpoint and exporting but this method is to time consuming and we now need to template each area, which would mean 209 templates, hence Power Bi.

I've got some basic functions working, but what i need to do is take the below data layout and display it as per the chart from excel but i can't figure out how to do this in power bi:

image.pngimage.png

If you can tell from the above image, i have a master Market the first column and then inside each market, is search market, each search market then has a percentage mrkt as the search results. The above chart from Excel, links each search market to the market percetnage to display that value, but i can't see how to do that in power bi, or how i would even need to change the data layout to make it work, does anyone have any suggestions as it seems like a fairly simple thing to do but due to my lack of knowledge i'm struggling, and i'm not sure what to google.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mouseman85 

Any chance you can share the data as a file or copy/paste it?  Really hard to work with an image of the data and have to recreate it all.

Thanks

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Phil,

Here is a link below - https://we.tl/t-w0mwu50fUD 

i'm really stuck with it, it seems like power bi is the perfect solution for what we need to do, but maybe the data needs laying out differently?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.