Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sadia-A

Likert format Survey Data Visualization

Hello,

I am beginner. I got a likert suery data and I need guidence in how to handle that kind of data. For Example consider a Question:"Where do you workout?" with multiple Boolean columns Where do you workout?(at home), where do you workout (outdoors), where do you workout(at gym) and where do you workout(others). there are many other questions of same type. Participants can choose multiple answers. Now If I have to show this question in a bar chart with % response.  Should I divide the data sets into different queries for each question or should I create measure to count all true rows and percentage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Musadev
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Sadia-A 
- For multiple options, you can do an analysis based on the count of each option and do the comparison. (Bar Charts)
- Based on location/age/gender you can also do an analysis based on each question.
- For binary (True/False) data, you can create measures of the total count, Yes/No counts, % of Yes/No,

For the visuals, check out these links. 
visual-vocabulary 

visual-vocabulary-2 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Musadev
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Sadia-A 
- For multiple options, you can do an analysis based on the count of each option and do the comparison. (Bar Charts)
- Based on location/age/gender you can also do an analysis based on each question.
- For binary (True/False) data, you can create measures of the total count, Yes/No counts, % of Yes/No,

For the visuals, check out these links. 
visual-vocabulary 

visual-vocabulary-2 

thank you for a prompt reply👍

qqqqqwwwweeerrr
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sadia-A 

Not aure about your data model. If it is columns based questioners than you can unpivot the required columns and than plot the required bar chart.

If you share your sample maksed data it would be easy to recreate that.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.