Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AL472

LOOKUPVALUE Not Returning Any Values

I have a column in Table 1 labeled "Responsible Design Group" which contains 70 distinct values across 1300 cells. I am attempting to add a column to Table 1 labeled "Department Name" using the LOOKUPVALUE feature. I need to pull data from Table 2, which contains the Department Names and their corresponding Design Group Labels. The DAX command I have been using is:
LOOKUPVALUE('Table 2'[Department Name], 'Table 2'[Design Group Label], 'Table 1'[Responsible Design Group])
The 70 disctinct values that appear in 'Table 1'[Responsible Design Group] are listed once apiece in 'Table 2'[Design Group Label].

I have ensured all my data is of the same type, text. When I imput this command it returns blank columns, when I add (..., "TBD") to the end of the LOOKUPVALUE command, all the cells in the 'Table 1'[Department Name] column change to "TBD". Is there any fix for this?

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AL472 , Try to use expression function like maxx, minx, sumx, concatenatex

Maxx(Filter('Table2',  'Table 2'[Design Group Label] = 'Table 1'[Responsible Design Group]) ,'Table 2'[Department Name])

In filter you can add other conditions as per need

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.