Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanClarkson
Regular Visitor

Issues linking several tables with dates and another value

Hi,

I am trying to create a dashboard like the one below (the region will always be either Region 1 or Region 2 as shown in the table descriptions below the mocked up dashboard). The first issue I had was linking the dates correctly between the three tables. I found a great article on creating a calender table and then relating to all three to then allow me to add a date filter to the dashboard to filter for different date periods. That all worked fine. However I wanted to then add another date filter that would allow me to filter down by company. I tried to create links between the tables to related each to the other by the Customer ID so that I could then have that as a filter. However, when trying to create the relationship between the 3 tables on the Customer ID I get an error around the fact that it will creat multiple paths and therefore won't allow the relationship to become active. Therefore the question is, does anyone know based on the sample data below how I can create a dashboard like the mock one below (I would like the main large figures to be cards rather than a table). I then need to be able to have the option to add two filters to the dashboard, one that filters by date and will cause the dashboard to update. The second filter is based on the customer ID/company name to allow me to quickly be able to filter down to a specific company to see their specific figures.

I'm sure a Power PI guru out there will make short work of this 🙂

Many thanks

dashboard.PNG

booked.PNG

opp.PNG

training.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @DanClarkson ,

I am not clear about your requirement, we couldn't use Card to achieve this, becuase that the one card will show only one value, you might need to use multiple cards to achieve this goal which means that you need to write multiple measures. Below is my sample, you could refer to it.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @DanClarkson ,

I am not clear about your requirement, we couldn't use Card to achieve this, becuase that the one card will show only one value, you might need to use multiple cards to achieve this goal which means that you need to write multiple measures. Below is my sample, you could refer to it.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.