Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Garbo62
Helper II
Helper II

Issue with returning a value from a Numeric Range slicer in a second measure

I’m having a issue with returning a value from a Numeric Range slicer

Initally it is returning the correct value , but when used later on it is returning the default value not the selected value

Garbo62_0-1688152913715.png

Garbo62_1-1688152913716.png

But when I use in another measure as a calculation it retunes the default value of the slicer, which in this case is 35,

The initial Measure is

Efficiency - Seminars Value = SELECTEDVALUE('Efficiency - Seminars'[Efficiency - Seminars], 35)

Returns 70, correct as the slicer is set to 70

I tried a using it in a basic measure in the table I wish to do the calculation such as (simplified for this message)

Efficiency = 'Efficiency - Seminars'[Efficiency - Seminars Value]

But returns 35, it should be 70

What have I done wrong

(I have 5 slicers and some screen shots don’t match)

Garbo62_0-1688153313422.png

Final equation is,  ut it jusk keep returning 35

Efficiency = IF([Space Type] = "Studios", 'Efficiency - Studio'[Efficiency - Studio]/100,

IF([Space Type] = "Lectures", 'Efficiency - Lectures'[Efficiency - Lectures Values]/100,

IF([Space Type] = "Seminars", 'Efficiency - Seminars'[Efficiency - Seminars Value]/100,

IF([Space Type] = "Technical Workshops", 'Efficiency - Technical'[Efficiency - Technical Value]/100,

IF([Space Type] = "Tutorial", 'Efficiency - Tutorial'[Efficiency - Tutorial Value]/100,  

0)))))

To be used in  the following evaluatopm

Efficient Hours Per Week = IF(ISBLANK('SpaceData (Excel)'[Capacity]),0,('SpaceData (Excel)'[Capacity] * 40)* 'SpaceData (Excel)'[Efficiency]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

It looks like you're trying to use it in a calculated column, but that won't work. Columns are only calculated during load or refresh, so they don't pay any attention to slicers or filters in a report.

If you want something to respond dynamically to slicers you will need to use a measure rather than a calculated column.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
johnt75
Super User
Super User

It looks like you're trying to use it in a calculated column, but that won't work. Columns are only calculated during load or refresh, so they don't pay any attention to slicers or filters in a report.

If you want something to respond dynamically to slicers you will need to use a measure rather than a calculated column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.