Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue in data refresh: Decimals numbers change when a refresh is done

Hello,

I am stucked is a strange issue when I refresh my data. I am having a report which takes data from excel spreadsheets which are located in a sharefolder. When I am refreshing the report in my laptop (Power BI 64 bit) it refreshes properly without changing any data. However, when I am trying to refresh it from another PC with (Power BI 32 bit) my some of my data change by moving the decimals two steps right (i.e. if I have 10.01 it changes to 1001) and this obviously ruins my report's results.

Please note that this issue comes only from the one of the five excel spreadsheets that I use as a data source and I am struggling to find what is wrong with the data coming from this file and why in my laptop is refreshing properly and in the other PC it does not. 

Can you please support on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 
I would check more/other machines.

Check if the locale is different between the 2 machines.

I dont think it is your data, I think it is the client machines are set differently.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 
I would check more/other machines.

Check if the locale is different between the 2 machines.

I dont think it is your data, I think it is the client machines are set differently.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello AClerk,

It is the locale indeed. I changes in from File/Options and settings/Options/Regional Settings. They had the same region but for some reason it was not working on the client's machine, thus I changed to English (United Kingdom) and it worked.

Many thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.