Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SH0lm3s
Frequent Visitor

Is this even possible?

Hello total newbie to Power BI, management have asked if I can use Power Bi to generate a sales actual and forecast report. That doesn't sound to hard, however they want to keep all the data each time that this is queried so they can see the changes in forecast and actuals. So the data will need to add a new cube of data each time (customer, finiancial time frame, actual sales, forecasted sales). 

Before I tie myself up in knots looking to see how I do this, thought it best to ask is it even possible?

Thanks Sarah

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I would suggest to try BI Publisher Connector. Its the easiest way to directly connect Power BI to Oracle Fusion Cloud database (ERP, HCM, SCM, and CX). It also helps connect Power BI to the physical layers of OBIEE/OAC/OAS via OTBI data models and visualize data in minutes.

BI Publisher Connector is compatible with both Power BI Desktop and Service and all editions including Pro and Premium. It doesnt store any data anywhere, ensuring secure data connection between Power BI and Oracle.

Benefits

Hassle-free one-time set up

Error-free reporting & data visualization
Automate in Power BI Service

Time and cost savings

Hope this was useful.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SH0lm3s , Based on what I got. You need near real time data. You can use direct query

There is some limitation in terms of database that are supported for that -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-about

Direct Query - End to End (Connection to Publish): https://youtu.be/cf-YNWX8Qow

Hi @amitchandak 

The information is in our ERP system which is oracle based, I know other companies that have our ERP application use Power Bi, however its how to keep data when you refresh as forecasts are currently changing daily

Hi @SH0lm3s ,

If you're looking to connect Power BI to Oracle Fusion ERP, BI Connector can help!

It connects to your Oracle ERP Subject Areas and Analysis Reports in minutes, and facilitates the blending of your ERP data with other data sources in Power BI. Works on both Power BI Desktop and Service, and supports both Import (with Scheduled Refresh) and Direct Query modes.

The connector is Power BI Certified, and retains the underlying joins between your Subject Area tables with simple steps.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.