Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Power5
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is there a way to mimic this report in excel in Power BI?

Hello,

I have a budget report that is currently built in excel. I will attach photos. What I want to have in Power BI is the same capability I have in my excel report. The actual column changes based on the current month period. So, for example in my screenshot it shows january, and febuarry because the current month period at the time was Feburary. So it will show all the actuals up to Febauary. Then it has all the budget numbers for the following months. The dynamic part of this is getting the Power Bi report to replace the Budget Of March-23 with the Actual of March-23 when the period becomes 3. If this doesn't make sense I can explain more. Thanks! 

Power5_0-1692738724431.png

11 REPLIES 11
Power5
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is anyone able to help me?

AUDISU
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Power5 
Hi,
It is possible. If you can create separate tables for Budget, Actual & Date, that will be easy for you.
Use following logic.
If Selected month in Date Table equal or less that current month number, then get the value from Actual Table else get the value from Budget Table.
Thanks.

Could you actually write out this logic. I will provide sample data shortly.

@Power5 

Yes please.

Hello, could you provide an example please?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Power5 If you put sample data in the pbix file and share using one drive/google drive it will help to provide the solution. Remove any sensitive before sharing.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I am unable to attach the samle data is there anyway you can show an example to me still?

Where can I send you sample data?

How could I share using google drive, what is your email/address?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Power5 yes it is very much possible.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

How would I go about achieving this>?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.