Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Cortana
Helper III
Helper III

Is it possible to create stage tracking like salesforce in powerBI?

Have a look at this picture-

whatIwant.PNG

This is from salesforce. This chart shows the stage progress of an opportunity. It has completed the first two stages and currently staying on 4 Evaluation. Also if I hover over any completed or current stages, it shows the duration of that opportunity in those stages. like this one-

WhatIwant2.PNG

I want to make this chart in powerBI. I was able to show the progress chart but not the tooltip. Is it possible?

10 REPLIES 10
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cortana 

Which visual did you use to show the progress? If it supports a report tooltip page, you can create a measure to calculate the duration and display it in a visual on a report page. Convert this page into a tooltip page and apply it to the chart. However there is a limitation that Report tooltips are not supported for Power BI custom visuals. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Hello @v-jingzhang 
Actually, I was following this video. And use this as atooltip. I was able to make that but I was not able to show the stage duration there. 

Hi @Cortana 

Do you want to achieve something like below?

vjingzhang_1-1659064862693.png

To achieve the above result, I insert four speech bubbles into the tooltip page. Create four color measures to format each speech bubble conditionally. For example, the following image shows the color measure and settings for the speech bubble of the fourth status. 

Color 4 = 
VAR __currentOrderStatus = CALCULATE(MAX('Order Status'[Status Order]),ALL('Order Status'),TREATAS(VALUES(Orders[Order Status]),'Order Status'[Status]) )
RETURN
IF(__currentOrderStatus = 4, "#12239e", "white")

vjingzhang_0-1659064749794.png

In addition, create a measure to hold the text to be displayed in the speech bubble. The calculation in it will change conditionally. Format the font color to white as well. 

Period Amount = "Amount: " & SUM(Orders[Amount])

vjingzhang_2-1659065473538.png

I hope this would be helpful. The sample file is attached at bottom. 

Best Regards,
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

@v-jingzhang This is amazing. But what I am looking for is kinda different. As I am dealing with salesforce, I have a table named opportunity table. More precisely, I have IDs, for each ID I have their stage name and the duration of that stage and some are missing. So what I want to show in the chart is the duration of each stage (when I select any ID) and a "not available" message if there exist missing values. Is it possible to do?

Hi @Cortana 

Can you provide a demo image to show the expected output? I'm not sure if I understand the requirement correctly, so please let me know if I don't get it. 

Based on my previous sample file, you need to show all 4 speech bubbles in the tooltip (no need to hide earlier ones). But in every speech bubble, it should show the corresponding value in every stage of the selected ID. 

If I understand it correctly, can you please show some dummy data of the opportunity table? We might need to create a separate measure for each speech bubble, so I need to know what the data is like to create measures based on that. 

Best Regards,

@v-jingzhang 

I don't want to hide the earlier ones. I want to show all the duration values. If any value of a stage is NULL, It will show "No Data".

Please have a look at here. You will get some data there. I asked if there was any way to do that and found one solution but could not show the message "No Data" in case of missing data.

Is it possible to show this progress bar in a table as a tooltip? 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can probably find custom visuals that do that.

Note:  Linear Sales Stage progression is a myth.

hi @lbendlin 

Please enlighten me about some custom visuals and where can I get them?

lbendlin_0-1659040604443.png

Oh, I looked into it. Found no appropriate visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.