Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MikaelDC
Regular Visitor

Inventory measure

Hi,

Hope somebody can help me. I need to create a measure that acumulates my inventory value. But all I can get is the sum of the movements within the specific period.

I've searched for solutions and trid the ones I could find. However they all calculate the same thing. They also calculate the sum of the movements within the specific period.

The ones I've trid so far.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(INVENTTRANS[COSTAMOUNTPOSTED]);FILTER(ALL(INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL]);INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL] <= MAX(INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL])))

Measure 2 = CALCULATE (SUM(INVENTTRANS[COSTAMOUNTPOSTED]);ALLSELECTED(INVENTTRANS[COSTAMOUNTPOSTED]);FILTER(ALLSELECTED(INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL]);ISONORAFTER(INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL];MAX(INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL]);DESC)))

Measure 3 = CALCULATE(SUMX(INVENTTRANS;INVENTTRANS[COSTAMOUNTPOSTED]);FILTER(INVENTTRANS;INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL].[Date] <= INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL].[Date]))

Best regards

Mikael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MikaelDC,

What columns are you showing with the cumulative measure on your report?

Could you try using ALL ( INVENTTRANS ) instead of ALL ( INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL] ) in the FILTER of the formula to see if it works? Smiley Happy

Measure 2 =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( INVENTTRANS[COSTAMOUNTPOSTED] );
    FILTER (
        ALL ( INVENTTRANS );
        INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL] <= MAX ( INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL] )
    )
)

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey Mikael,

I'm not totally sure what you are going to achieve, for this reason you may have a look at this pbix file and in this file at the report page "Accumulated Amount".

Please be aware that in this example a separate Calendar table (the one side) is used that is related to the fact table "FactWithDates" (the many side).

Within the above mentioned report I use this measure

Accumulated Amount = 
	CALCULATE(
		SUM('FactWithDates'[Amount])
		,FILTER(ALL('Calendar'[Date])
			,'Calendar'[Date] <= MAX('Calendar'[Date])
		)
	)

This measure aggregates all the values from prior periods of the measure Amount to current period:Accumulated Amount.png

Hope this helps

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your reply. I think it's more or less the same measure as my first one. So I don't understand why it's not working.

What I'm trying to do is what you've done. Amount = costamountposted and date = datephysical. Could it be that my datephysical column isn't indexet?

I've tried to use your formula as well but with same result.

Measure 2 =
 CALCULATE(
  SUM(INVENTTRANS[COSTAMOUNTPOSTED])
  ;FILTER(ALL(INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL])
   ;INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL] <= MAX(INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL])
  )
 )

Really hoping that you can help me.

2017-08-22 12_44_50-Inventory - Query Editor.png

Best regards

Mikael

Hi @MikaelDC,

What columns are you showing with the cumulative measure on your report?

Could you try using ALL ( INVENTTRANS ) instead of ALL ( INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL] ) in the FILTER of the formula to see if it works? Smiley Happy

Measure 2 =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( INVENTTRANS[COSTAMOUNTPOSTED] );
    FILTER (
        ALL ( INVENTTRANS );
        INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL] <= MAX ( INVENTTRANS[DATEPHYSICAL] )
    )
)

Regards

Hi v-ljerr-msft,

It's working. 🙂

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Mikael

Hey,

besides that my measure uses a separate calendar table, it's the same.

The sample report in my pbix file also contains a 2nd measure that uses the date column from the fact table, your inventtrans table. With the expected results.

What I'm going to say, without  sample data that allows to recreate your issue, it's not possible (at least not for me) to provide further assistance.

Just one try, do you have a calendar table, that is related to the PHYSICALDATE column, and do you in your report a date column that comes from this calendar table?

Regards

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.