Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abdel_BCN
Frequent Visitor

Insert new calculated row

Hi community, 

I have a calculated table like this:

for each date and project type "Fix Price", I have a calculated loss. In this case, for the project of the second line I have a calculated loss of 20h.

Loses.JPG

The donut chart by billability would be.

Billability 3.JPG

My goal is to correct this donut chart by taking into account the calculated losses, so the table should be looking like this:

Billability 4.JPG

Billability 5.JPG

The total hours in this case did not change, it still at 100h.

I attached the pbi file

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Abdel_BCN
Frequent Visitor

Hi again, 

I was able to make it work 🙂

first I tried to use UNION function with the combination of ROW function, but it did not work since ROW function returns only 1 calculated row.

NewTable = UNION(Sheet1,
SELECTCOLUMNS(Sheet1,"Date",CALCULATE(max(Sheet1[Date]),FILTER(Sheet1,Sheet1[Losses]>0&&Sheet1[No]=EARLIER(Sheet1[No]))),
"Project Type",IF(Sheet1[Losses]>0,"loss",Sheet1[Project Type]),"Hours",Sheet1[Hours],"Billabulity",IF(Sheet1[Losses]>0,"Non Billable",Sheet1[Billability]),"Losses",CALCULATE(Max(Sheet1[losses]),FILTER(Sheet1,Sheet1[Losses]>0&&Sheet1[No]=EARLIER(Sheet1[No]))),"hours after correction",IF(Sheet1[Losses]>0&&Sheet1[Project Type]="Fix Price",Sheet1[Losses],IF(Sheet1[Billability]="Non Billable",0,Sheet1[hours after correction])),"No",Sheet1[No]))

Using SELECTCOLUMNS function instead gave me the possibility to have multiple calculated rows, I attach the pbi file here.

Thanks, 

Abdel. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Abdel_BCN
Frequent Visitor

Hi again, 

I was able to make it work 🙂

first I tried to use UNION function with the combination of ROW function, but it did not work since ROW function returns only 1 calculated row.

NewTable = UNION(Sheet1,
SELECTCOLUMNS(Sheet1,"Date",CALCULATE(max(Sheet1[Date]),FILTER(Sheet1,Sheet1[Losses]>0&&Sheet1[No]=EARLIER(Sheet1[No]))),
"Project Type",IF(Sheet1[Losses]>0,"loss",Sheet1[Project Type]),"Hours",Sheet1[Hours],"Billabulity",IF(Sheet1[Losses]>0,"Non Billable",Sheet1[Billability]),"Losses",CALCULATE(Max(Sheet1[losses]),FILTER(Sheet1,Sheet1[Losses]>0&&Sheet1[No]=EARLIER(Sheet1[No]))),"hours after correction",IF(Sheet1[Losses]>0&&Sheet1[Project Type]="Fix Price",Sheet1[Losses],IF(Sheet1[Billability]="Non Billable",0,Sheet1[hours after correction])),"No",Sheet1[No]))

Using SELECTCOLUMNS function instead gave me the possibility to have multiple calculated rows, I attach the pbi file here.

Thanks, 

Abdel. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.