The data in my table is correct. But, the totals is not matching up, or not showing at all.
Pretty sure it has to do with the relationship. But when I change it, the data in my table changes and becomes incorrect.
The data in the table is filtered down to a specific version, but I beleive the totals is summing all the versions.
Here is a view of the table:
The totals should be: 9,565 | 12,127 | 21,692
Also, here is view of the relationship between the tables.
@cbrickman Just chiming in to hopefully get some votes for this idea:
First, please vote for this idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=082203f1-594f-4ba7-ac87-bb91096c742e
This looks like a measure totals problem. Very common. See my post about it here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376
Also, this Quick Measure, Measure Totals, The Final Word should get you what you need:
I had a similar issue lately, you could try this and see if it works, alot of times a SUMX statement with a nested SUMMARIZE as the table, and calling the measure needed in the 4th argument of SUMMARIZE does the trick, Let me know if that works!
I gave it a try, but ended up with the same data in the table and the same overstated total as before.
I am wondering if I need to address the issue of why there is no total for the Dig Next Week Net at all?
As, it is a part of the Dig Stops calculation. The first three data column's data and totals are correct. The next column's data is correct, but no total. The last column's data is correct, but total is overstated and the same total as the 4th column's.
The date field is from a seperate table, dimdate.
These are the measure, all created in the Projectionfinal table, in case it helps.
I will attempt to replicate those measures in a local dataset I have and see if I can find what the issue is, in the meantime I took a second look at your relationships and realized that you have a bidirectional mant to many between DimDate and UploadAquisitionPlan, is there a specific reason you chose this? That could be causing issues as well.
No specific reason on the relationship. I tried changing it so that just the dimdate filters the UploadAP table and vice-a-versa. But, no change in the totals or data.
Thanks again for looking into it and the help.
Check out the November 2023 Power BI update to learn about new features.
Read the latest Fabric Community announcements, including updates on Power BI, Synapse, Data Factory and Data Activator.
Join us for a free, hands-on Microsoft workshop led by women trainers for women where you will learn how to build a Dashboard in a Day!
130+ sessions, 130+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI and Fabric. Attend online or watch the recordings.