Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ShivGC
Helper I
Helper I

Including and Excluding data without showing slicer bar

Hi Everyone, 

Power Bi has an exclude and include filter option which allows you to remove data points in real time. I understand how this works. 

However, I would like to include and exclude a data point, without it being shown in the slicer bar or without the option to see it on the visual. 

For instance:

ShivGC_0-1704363209583.png

The three lines (third icon from right), will show you what data point is excluded. However, for the purpose of my report I want this data to remain anonymised - how do I do this? is there a way to get rid of this button?

Additionally, I have have removed the slicer bar so that it is not visible on the report but is there still no easy way to exclude data and then include it after?

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ShivGC Sorry I may misunderstand that. What should the undo button do and don't do? 

The undo button should work so that any action you do is immediately undone. For instance, if you were to exclude the client, then you could click the button and the client would be included. 

This button shouldnt act as a reset button, but rather one that just undoes your last action. 

Like in word you can hit ctrl + Z to undo. 

v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShivGC 

You can turn off the Filter icon from Format your visual > General > Header Icons > Icons > Filter. After you publish the report to Power BI Service and view it in reading view, it is hidden. When you are editing the report with Power BI Desktop or in Edit mode on power BI Service, it is always visible to make you edit it easily. 

vjingzhanmsft_0-1704424184711.png

If you want to exclude data first, then make them included and visible later, you can add a bookmark button to the report. Steps are:

1. Create a bookmark with the view of the report without applied filters. No slicer should be selected with creating the bookmark, i.e., full data should be displayed.
  2. Insert a bookmark button (or a blank button then name it like “Remove Filters”, .etc) and connect it to your previously created bookmark.

You can refer to: Create a button to clear all filters in Power BI (Quick Tutorial) - Smantin Data

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Great solution for the first issue, thank you.

However, regarding the undo button feature. Different people filter my report differently, and therefore I just need a simple undo button without affecting what people have filtered originally. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.