Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

roshak
Frequent Visitor

In drill thru, how to show all values in a slicer that uses same field as the dimension filter

I have a SUMMARY page showing aggregate fact information by a given dimension. I have a DETAILS drill through page configured using that same dimension.

1 - relationships.png2 - summary.png3 - drill thru filter.png4 - current behavior.png

How can I allow a drill through operation to occur on a specific dimension while also providing a slicer for that same dimension on the target page that allows the user to switch dimensions?

5 - desired behavior.png

Objectives
1. Have a slicer on the details page showing all possible dimensional values
1. Set the slicer value to the value passed by the drill thru action without filtering the slicers other values
1. Allow the user to change the dimension details shown using the slicer... effectively changing the original drillthru selection

Link to Sample File 

2 REPLIES 2
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@roshak 

There is not a way to setup the behaviour you are looking for.  Drillthrough filters are applied as 'Filters on this page' (the target page) so your DIMD slicer would be filtered along with the rest of the target page.

If the user clears the filter on the filter panel, then they could select a different DIMD value in the slicer.
You could put a DIMD slicer on your summary page and synch it with the slicer on the detail page then make a navigation button that jumps to the detail page.  That's about the closest I can think of to what you are looking for.

That is unfortunate.  I would have assumed that to be a relatively common use case. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.