Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

In Export data, By default some column order is coming

Hi

From power bi services i am exporting underlying dataset from barchart, getting all the columns data in some default column order.

Can we get the exported data flow in proper order as per wish? any technique or suggestion helpful?

Please suggest

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rajendraongole1 

Unfortunately, you can not sort column when export data. The workaround is instead of apply sorting in your visual, you can do sorting in Query Editor and apply sorting for your data and brings it in your visual, then publish and update it to Service reports.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-pazhen-msft - As suggested.I have tried at power query level  by reordering the columns. but once i have published the report into power bi services. still the order is coming by default.

I am not able to get the exported data for underlying data set with required column order.

Any suggestions?

Please support and let know if this feature is doable or not available.,

@V-pazhen-msft Paul Zhen,

I have tried reordering the columns in power query editor as per my requirement but still im not getting the order as expected it is coming in a way like calculated columns first next with some default order.

is that doable? can we set the reorder the column data for underlying dataset as per specific form?

Example: by default:

period_qq,country,customer,values1,value2,value3 value4

Expected result:

once i export the underlying data from chart

Value1,country,customer,period_qq,value3,value4,value2

Please suggest.

Hi Rajendra

Did you got any solution to the above sorting in underlying data  issue? if yes please share the solution. I am also facing the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.