Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MSB_gpc
Frequent Visitor

Importing Data from Tom Tom WEBFLEET

Hello everyone,

I am trying to import data from Tom Tom WEBFLEET.connect. My goal is to retrieve data once a month to monitorize indicators related with vehicles displacements.

I was provided with an account name, username, password and an API Key, each of them are needed to authenticate the user.

It is easy to download data by making and HTTP request with the url:

https://csv.telematics.tomtom.com/extern?lang=es&account=[ACCOUNT]&username=[USERNAME]&password=[PASSWORD]&apikey=[APIKEY]&outputformat=csv&action=showTrips&useISO8601=true&range_pattern=ud&rangefrom_string=2016-09-01T00:00:00&rangeto_string=2016-09-30T23:59:59

But any idea how to connect with PowerBI?

I tried to do an import from web directly as seen below: 

Captura.PNG

Doing that, I can retrieve data but with anonymous credentials. Am I doing right? I am a newbie with Power BI and connecting to data.

I also tried to write the script in a blank query, specifying the option of Web.Contents function APIKeyName="apikey" but I was unable to pass username, account and password as URL Headers.

I would thank any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@MSB_gpc wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to import data from Tom Tom WEBFLEET.connect. My goal is to retrieve data once a month to monitorize indicators related with vehicles displacements.

I was provided with an account name, username, password and an API Key, each of them are needed to authenticate the user.

It is easy to download data by making and HTTP request with the url:

https://csv.telematics.tomtom.com/extern?lang=es&account=[ACCOUNT]&username=[USERNAME]&password=[PASSWORD]&apikey=[APIKEY]&outputformat=csv&action=showTrips&useISO8601=true&range_pattern=ud&rangefrom_string=2016-09-01T00:00:00&rangeto_string=2016-09-30T23:59:59

But any idea how to connect with PowerBI?

I tried to do an import from web directly as seen below: 

Captura.PNG

Doing that, I can retrieve data but with anonymous credentials. Am I doing right? I am a newbie with Power BI and connecting to data.

I also tried to write the script in a blank query, specifying the option of Web.Contents function APIKeyName="apikey" but I was unable to pass username, account and password as URL Headers.

I would thank any help!

@MSB_gpc

If you mean you put put the url in a web browser and download the csv file, you can simply try "Get-data"->"Other"->"Web"->"Basic", and put the link in URL field.

Hi Eric,

Did you ever work out how to connect to the webfleet database?

Thanks

Paul

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your answer. I had already succeded in doing what you said but the problem is that my account personal information (username, password, api-key) is always visible in data source settings and if I wanted to share the file this would be an inconvenient.

Moreover, it would be interesting to repeat periodically the data collection with the same data source and changing only some url time parameters.

What is the difference between accessing to web content with anonymous credentials or web API/basic/organizational account?

Hi MSB_gpc,

Did you ever work out how to connect to the webfleet database?

Thanks

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.