Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

asbpowerbi
Helper IV
Helper IV

Imbedded Power BI report slicer visual settings

Hello Friends,

I have created a Power BI report that is embeded, for me, in a webpage. Users access this report by using an access link. Each time the user requests access to the reprot, a new link is generated. They do not use user ids and passwords so there is not way to track what user is viewing the report. This visual has a filter visual that allows the user to select the fields to display in a table visual. There are over 40 possible fileds in the field list. Each time the user comes into the report, they must select - or deselect - the fields they want to see. Is there a way to retain the fields selected, in the filter visual? ChatGPT seems to think so, but I am unable to understand what it is trying to state.

Cheers!

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asbpowerbi

It looks like you want to save the state of the slicer selected by different users.

If you have published reports to power bi service, you might consider letting users manually create bookmarks after selecting the slicer.

However, this approach requires that the user have a role in the workspace where the report resides. At least a contributor.

You can view the link below for more details:

Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Overview of bookmarks in Power BI service reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards, 

Nono Chen 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Is there any way to do with with a cookie in the web browser? If so, how?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors