Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rudisoft
Frequent Visitor

Ignore slicer in measure

Hi there, seems I have also a problem with ignoring a slicer when creating a measure.

This is my measure that looks for projects with business goal "baseloads": 

c = calculate(COUNTROWS('MP Rep Projects'),FILTER(all('MP Rep Projects'), 'MP Rep Projects'[BusinessGoalShort]="BL")) results into 35 projects.

Now I add a slicer onto a page (interactions enabled) that will filter for a project and the measure will be zero as soon as a project (non BL) is selected. In case the interaction is disabled, the measure doesn't change. I however don't want to disable the interaction (as it filters a project list down to a single project) but the value should remain the count pf baseload projects.

Isn't it that this ALL should work?

2 REPLIES 2
rudisoft
Frequent Visitor

So we have a project dashboard created from Jira data and the user selects a project here (A):

rudisoft_0-1679670085218.png

This will filter for the content that is specifically related only to this project, which is exactly what we want.

One of the project's data fileds is the rank (negative 35 here) which comes from a data source named Meisterplan.

MP rank =
var r =CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE('MP Rep Projects'[rank]),USERELATIONSHIP('MP Rep Projects'[epic key],'Jira Epics'[issue key]))
//var c = calculate(COUNTROWS('MP Rep Projects'),FILTER(all('MP Rep Projects'), 'MP Rep Projects'[BusinessGoalShort]="BL"))
//var d = calculate(COUNTROWS('MP Rep Projects') , filter(ALLEXCEPT( 'MP Rep Projects' ,'MP Rep Projects'[BusinessGoalShort] ),'MP Rep Projects'[BusinessGoalShort]<>"BL"))
return r -35

The statement

var c = calculate(COUNTROWS('MP Rep Projects'),FILTER(all('MP Rep Projects'), 'MP Rep Projects'[BusinessGoalShort]="BL"))

will only result in 35 when (A) is not selected. When (A) is selected, c will always be zero.

The relation itself couldn't be simpler:

rudisoft_1-1679670943357.png

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rudisoft ,

In order to better understand your demands and give the right solution, could you please provide some more specific information? such as your desensitized example data and a screenshot of your desired results?

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.