Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KatkaS
Post Patron
Post Patron

If measure

Hello

can you please check below measure?

It is reverting wrong result when the difference between deadline and time is 17 seconds...

Thank you very much!

Late_on time.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @KatkaS 

I tested your function without an exception.

Column = IF([App DeadLine]>[UPDATE TIME],"ON TIME","LATE")

vzhangti_0-1663835017563.png

You can also try another method.

Column 2 = DATEDIFF([UPDATE TIME],[App DeadLine],SECOND)
Column 3 = IF([Column 2]>0,"ON TIME","LATE")

vzhangti_1-1663835086324.png

You can try this formula and see if there are any exceptions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @KatkaS 

I tested your function without an exception.

Column = IF([App DeadLine]>[UPDATE TIME],"ON TIME","LATE")

vzhangti_0-1663835017563.png

You can also try another method.

Column 2 = DATEDIFF([UPDATE TIME],[App DeadLine],SECOND)
Column 3 = IF([Column 2]>0,"ON TIME","LATE")

vzhangti_1-1663835086324.png

You can try this formula and see if there are any exceptions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, @v-zhangti, it worked!

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Write that as a calculated column formula (not a measure)

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
thedatahiker
Employee
Employee

Since this is a calculated column, can you send a screenshot of the data tab? It would help to figure out the issue

thedatahiker_0-1663800108914.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

so you are adding a new column? The subject line of your post is saying IF MEASURE which is bit confusing and the reason for my questions.

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k Could you pleaase advise what should be changed in order to get correct results? Thank you very much!

Yes, I'm adding new column, because I want to then count how many are on time and how many are late..

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@KatkaS add you adding a column or a measure?

Deadline and Update Time -> Are these measures or columns? If these are measures then you should be adding a measure, not a column.

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

These two are columns in an excel sheet uploaded to PowerBI..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.