Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ahmedalfaydi
Regular Visitor

I need Help to Create Measure in Power BI

Hello guys ,

Im learning in Power Bi community , So plz i need help for make and create report to Manager and sowthe KPIs

Request-IDDep. NameTaskUnitestart dateEnd dateStatusPMAssigned

ITTask1100%1/1/202431/12/2024In progressName1

MedTask250%1/1/202431/12/2024In progressName2

MOITask320%1/1/202431/12/2024In progressName3

Med2Task30%1/1/202431/12/2024LateName4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jtian-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@Ahmedalfaydi .
I am glad to help you.
According to your description, you want to create a KPI report to show KPI to others.
You can create different measures to show the dynamics of the data according to your needs.
Here is the test data I created according to your description, I show the unite of each nameTask in the report and create a measure: calculate the comparison between the unite of the selected task in the slicer and the maximum value of it.
(This is just an example)
You can create as many measures as you want for your KPI reports.

vjtianmsft_0-1715566793841.png

Here is the test data.

vjtianmsft_1-1715566808445.png

I create a measure (named M_).

M_ = CALCULATE(
    MAX('Table'[Unite]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'[Dep. NameTask]),MAX('Table'[Unite]))
)

You can learn how to add KPIs to reports and how to create metrics by using the following documentation from the Microsoft website
URL:
Key Performance Indicator (KPI) visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Tutorial: Create your own measures in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
In addition to selecting KPIs to highlight data, you can also select other types of visual.
If you want to show certain highlights, such as the highest Unite and the corresponding NameTask, you can also select "card" to show them individually.

I hope my suggestions give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Carson Jian,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ahmedalfaydi
Regular Visitor

Reaaly thx man and appreciated for help me,,

best regards

v-jtian-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@Ahmedalfaydi .
I am glad to help you.
According to your description, you want to create a KPI report to show KPI to others.
You can create different measures to show the dynamics of the data according to your needs.
Here is the test data I created according to your description, I show the unite of each nameTask in the report and create a measure: calculate the comparison between the unite of the selected task in the slicer and the maximum value of it.
(This is just an example)
You can create as many measures as you want for your KPI reports.

vjtianmsft_0-1715566793841.png

Here is the test data.

vjtianmsft_1-1715566808445.png

I create a measure (named M_).

M_ = CALCULATE(
    MAX('Table'[Unite]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'[Dep. NameTask]),MAX('Table'[Unite]))
)

You can learn how to add KPIs to reports and how to create metrics by using the following documentation from the Microsoft website
URL:
Key Performance Indicator (KPI) visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Tutorial: Create your own measures in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
In addition to selecting KPIs to highlight data, you can also select other types of visual.
If you want to show certain highlights, such as the highest Unite and the corresponding NameTask, you can also select "card" to show them individually.

I hope my suggestions give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Carson Jian,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.