Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

skawamur
Regular Visitor

I found issue and may found hint to solve disconnection error of NAV2017 OData feed

Hello communiy and support team,

I'm a Dynamics NAV consultant and a fun of Power BI. I tried to connect NAV data using ODataV4 feed on PowerBI desktop and found issue "Unabel to connect" error and I may found a hint to fixed the bug.

I found OLD version of Power BI Desktop doesn't cause this connection error, and also current versinon of Power Pivot doesn't cause this error. But Current Version of Power BI Desktop cause this connection error.

The "Current" version of Power BI desk top is '2.60.5169.3201'(64bit) which was released in July 2018. The OLD version of Power BI desktop is '2.52.4921.682'(64bit)' whichi was released in November 2017.

<Summary>
- Current version of Power BI Desktop failed to get NAV data using ODataV4 feed.
- Old version of Power BI Desktop succeed to get NAV data using ODataV4 feed.
- Current version of Power Pivot succeed to get NAV data using ODataV4 feed.
So, current version of Power BI desktop has something wrong code to get NAV Data using ODataV4 feed.

Detailed procedure is described in my blog post. Please see it.

I hope this informatio will help Power BI desktop be better and hope we can enjoy much better corraboration of Power BI and Dynamics NAV.

Best regards,
skawamur

3 REPLIES 3
skawamur
Regular Visitor

Hello communiy and support team,

I'm  a Dynamics NAV consultant and a fun of Power BI. I tried to connect NAV data using ODataV4 feed on PowerBI desktop and found issue "Unabel to connect" error and I may found a hint to fixed the bug. I found OLD version of Power BI Desktop doesn't cause this connection error, and also current versinon of Power Pivot doesn't cause this error. But Current Version of Power BI Desktop cause this connection error.

The "Current" version of Power BI desk top is '2.60.5169.3201'(64bit) which was released in July 2018. The OLD version of Power BI desktop is '2.52.4921.682'(64bit)' whichi was released in November 2017.

<Summary>
 - Current version of Power BI Desktop failed to get NAV data using ODataV4 feed.
 - Old version of Power BI Desktop succeed to get NAV data using ODataV4 feed.
 - Current version of Power Pivot succeed to get NAV data using ODataV4 feed.
So, current version of Power BI desktop has something wrong code to get NAV Data using ODataV4 feed.

Detailed procedure is described in my blog post below URL. Please see it.

I hope this informatio will help Power BI desktop be better and hope we can enjoy more corraboration of Power BI and Dynamics NAV.

Best regards,
Shinichi Kawamura
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@skawamur,

Please create a blank query in Power BI Desktop, copy the following code into Advanced Editor of this blank query. Then check if it works in Power BI Desktop July release.

let
Source = OData.Feed("Your URL")
in
Source

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thank you and sorry for my late reply. I could got data with no error by using blank query as you suggested.

Could you please suggest what can be said by the result? Do PowerBI desktop program has some problem? Do NAV's OData feature has some problem or NAV's parameter settings might not be correct?

Regards,

Shinichi Kawamura

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.