Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ZistaKely

How to use multi-columns of ranked category (technics implemented) within one visual like tree map

Dear folks, I have a data where there are multi-columns (11 ones) where are listed form a choice list from the raw data of ranked category (Agriculture technics implemented here). So, I want to use them within one visual, I tried with the tree map where I have inserted all of the ranked columns (CSA/EbA Technic 1 to 11) within the Category or the visual only use the first field as the CSA/EbA Technic 1 instead of the sum of the countvalue of all the technics listed from 1 to 11 (in the table below).

ZistaKely_1-1638263083648.png

So, I want to ask your help to guide me if it is necessary to create a sub-table (if that could exist in PBI) or immediately to use all of these many columns from list of choice to count each value listed and use them within the one visual.

ZistaKely_2-1638263235307.png

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear,

Yes, I think that is what I want to achieve with this data and the visual after i-e count all the apparitions / uses of the different "CSA/EbA technics" for the multiple columns and represent them within one visual after.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ZistaKely 

Not entirely sure what you want, but if I calculate specific values for multiple columns, I will give priority to creating a sub-tables in Power Query so that I can simplify the model through features such as ‘Unpivot' and 'GroupBy'.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Dear,

Yes, I think that is what I want to achieve with this data and the visual after i-e count all the apparitions / uses of the different "CSA/EbA technics" for the multiple columns and represent them within one visual after.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.