Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Timbaktu

How to turn off ALT as an immediate Short Cut key?

Starting with the May'23 release--to seemingly behave similarly to Excel--when I am writing a DAX formula and press ALT + ENTER to get to a new line, by having pressed ALT, I now am unable to continue typing my formula until I exit the short cut prompt.  This is maddening.  Does anyone know if there's a way to turn this off?

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
H3nning
Resolver I
Resolver I

nks for the tip with SHIFT+ENTER. Didnt know this brings me into new line too. I can get used to that 😉

H3nning
Resolver I
Resolver I

Problem here. Driving me crazy. Who had this great idea to change that...?

dswinden
Helper I
Helper I

I NEED a solution to this, its driving me mental.  Following this for a solution 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Timbaktu , I am getting that only with Alt+ctrl and Alt + enter and Shift enter is working for me , even if they are visible

Thanks. So when I press ALT + Enter to get a new line, it brings up the short cut keys...does this not happen for you? Sorry I didn't completley understand. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.