Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Timbaktu

How to turn off ALT as an immediate Short Cut key?

Starting with the May'23 release--to seemingly behave similarly to Excel--when I am writing a DAX formula and press ALT + ENTER to get to a new line, by having pressed ALT, I now am unable to continue typing my formula until I exit the short cut prompt.  This is maddening.  Does anyone know if there's a way to turn this off?

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
H3nning
Resolver I
Resolver I

nks for the tip with SHIFT+ENTER. Didnt know this brings me into new line too. I can get used to that 😉

H3nning
Resolver I
Resolver I

Problem here. Driving me crazy. Who had this great idea to change that...?

dswinden
Helper I
Helper I

I NEED a solution to this, its driving me mental.  Following this for a solution 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Timbaktu , I am getting that only with Alt+ctrl and Alt + enter and Shift enter is working for me , even if they are visible

Thanks. So when I press ALT + Enter to get a new line, it brings up the short cut keys...does this not happen for you? Sorry I didn't completley understand. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.