Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jaco1951
Helper III
Helper III

How to sum values only once per month

Hi

I have a series of loans that 99% of the time have instalments every quarter or 6 months. But a few times there are made instalments twice in the same month.

Are there any good solution to present this graphically without doubling the loan balance for these periods. I would prefer to sum only the last date of instalment, but the aggergation is on YearMonth level, not date level as it would make the table almost 100 times bigger.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Best regards

Espen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @jaco1951,

So you mean not calculated summarize on remain loan when tables contains multiple records in same month, right?

I think you can create a variable to manually summarize loan to calculate correct amount, then you can look up correct loan from summary table and use this to calculate.

Display Measure =
VAR summied =
    SUMMARIZE (
        Table,
        [%Sec_CFP],
        [FIrstDate],
        [LoanBalance_Start],
        [LoanBalance_End]
    )
RETURN
    'formula'

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @jaco1951,

Is there any conditions to check which records are the duplicated? If you have, you can add this to calculate formula to remove unmatched part.

Regards,
XIaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Unfortunately these are not duplicates, but extraordinary paymentes outside the payment plan. So they have effect on the loan balance.

What I have done now is changing my granularity from YearMonth to date level, it blows up the size quite a lot, but it might work. I used auto fill to fill the empty dates with loan balance values.

Yet, I would like to learn how this could be solved in a better way.

Best regards Espen

HI @jaco1951,

So you mean not calculated summarize on remain loan when tables contains multiple records in same month, right?

I think you can create a variable to manually summarize loan to calculate correct amount, then you can look up correct loan from summary table and use this to calculate.

Display Measure =
VAR summied =
    SUMMARIZE (
        Table,
        [%Sec_CFP],
        [FIrstDate],
        [LoanBalance_Start],
        [LoanBalance_End]
    )
RETURN
    'formula'

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.