Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

j_w
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to sort the drillthrough pages?

I have multiple separated pages for drillthrough to, as below, how can I sort the order of these pages? the default order is the paged created order and cannot find where to sort.

For example, I want to sort the 5 pages as:

• All Bars
  • All Donuts
  • Data Table + Bar
  • Data Table + Donut
  • Data Table

drillthrough pages.png

Please vote the idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37757653-allow-to-sort-the-drillt...

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
JoeChamp
Frequent Visitor

What a horrible default. In what universe would anyone want a drill list to default to created date. Mine as well be random. This is very sloppy. Need ability to sort. 

arunavasarkar
Employee
Employee

Credit: Anton Troshin
The solution Anton found was to create duplicates of the drill through pages in the wanted order after which you delete the "Duplicate of " - beginning of the page name and it's done.

arunavasarkar_0-1624608147036.png

arunavasarkar_1-1624608261398.pngarunavasarkar_2-1624608316381.png

Delete the original page 2 and page 3.

arunavasarkar_3-1624608440670.png

Delete the text "duplicate of"

arunavasarkar_5-1624608569509.pngarunavasarkar_6-1624608617591.png

Thank you Anton for contributing the solution to the Power BI community .

thanks for the idea, this should be Great for others. But fyi for those who has bookmark, this trick will make you do bookmark again because bookmark lose their original page

Great solution to a problem that I, too, had!  Silly that we have to do this but grateful to the community hear for always having workarounds to these liitaitons.  THANKS!

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@j_w ,

As far as I know, it is not yet supported. You may submit an idea via https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

I believe the drillthrough is sorted by when the pages were created. So the page that was created first will be the first option in the drillthrough and so on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.