Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

POSPOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to show the count inside the bubble of a scatter chart

Hi all,

I have a requirement to show the count inside the bubble of scatter plot. For this I am trying to add a measure in the "Values" and turn on the category label , but "Values" does not accept any measures.

The DAX used for the measure is 

measure =
SUMX(
    VALUES([department]),
    CALCULATE((distinctcount(id),end_date >= DATE(2022,07,01))
   )
I tried to use the same calcuation in a calculated column but it is giving incorrect results and showing the same values for all bubbles.
My requirement is to show as below.
POSPOS_0-1714764207738.png

Can somone please suggest on how to achieve this?

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Ah, I see. Sorry for misunderstanding in the beginning. The only other option I see around this is to either:
Convert your measure to a valid column calculation, or create a summarize table with your measure as a column, and use the columns from the summarize table to create your chart. 

There may be a more efficient way, but this is my only workaround idea at the moment.

@ExcelMonke  - As mentioned in my question, Converting measure to a calculated col is not giving me the right results. 

ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Because this chart does not come "standard" with PBI, it is a little challenging to figure out where the measure should go. Typically, you can add labels within the "Format your visual" section. Is there an option for this in there?

@ExcelMonke  - No, we do not have any such option under format.

ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

What options do you have in your visual format?

@ExcelMonke  I am using the standard scatter chart. And this visual does not have any option to display the field used in the "size" to show as data label.

ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I would not use a calculated column for this. Create a new measure, something like "Bubble Label", and add the measure to a label/values for the bubbles. 

@ExcelMonke :
When I try to add the meausre to the "Values", it does not accept. Values only accepts columns

POSPOS_0-1714767988003.png

ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You are using a SUMX function which doesn't quite work for this visual. 

Consider using the DAX expression you have, just without the SUMX (i.e. just the calculate expression).

@ExcelMonke  - I created a calculated col using just the expression without SUMX and it gives 1 for all the values.

POSPOS_0-1714767548525.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.