Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Kandarp
Helper I
Helper I

How to show sum and average of a column in matrix

I am trying to show sum and average on a column in a matrix like the below screenshot. I have done some research but I am not sure is it really achievable or not. I need some guidance. Thank you.

Kandarp_0-1654580902040.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kandarp 

I do not believe it is possible to have the subtotals show an average AND sum.  You can do either or.

There is a workaround. Basically you can create two matrix tables and have one behind the other.  Once you set it up, you can offset the one at the back to be further down a bit and use that as the "Average" while the one on top is the "Sum".

Other than that, am not sure it's possible in the same column.

All the best.

Theo 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

@Kandarp a pleasure mate! Glad it worked! 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kandarp 

I do not believe it is possible to have the subtotals show an average AND sum.  You can do either or.

There is a workaround. Basically you can create two matrix tables and have one behind the other.  Once you set it up, you can offset the one at the back to be further down a bit and use that as the "Average" while the one on top is the "Sum".

Other than that, am not sure it's possible in the same column.

All the best.

Theo 🙂

Hi @TheoC 

Thanks a lot for the quick response. 

This solution works for me. 

Thanks. 🙂 

@Kandarp a pleasure mate! Glad it worked! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.