Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gavroche97
Frequent Visitor

How to show change in nominal and in % in a visual

Hi,

I have made a matrix visual on Power BI, and I'm looking to set up columns that would give the change in nominal and in % between 2 column. 

I have a category column, an attribute column containing the dates and a Value column containing the values.

I'm looking to minimize the number of database in Power Query. Is there a way to do this without having to create a new database ? 

Best regards,

Victor  

5 REPLIES 5
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Gavroche97 ;

Is your problem solved?  If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Gavroche97 ;

You could Click the Advanced option show you the advanced properties.

vyalanwumsft_1-1667548500508.png

You can write your own query to extract data from the specified Database. To do this, write your query inside the SQL Statement box.

vyalanwumsft_2-1667548525718.png

Connect Power BI to SQL Server (tutorialgateway.org)

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay, I didn't get the notification for your answer.

I forgot to say that I import the data through Script R, so I guess I don't have that SQL option.

I would like to have only 1 column to be expressed as %, do you know how to do that ?

Best Regards, 

Victor

Hi, @Gavroche97 ;

Try to change the type about this column.

vyalanwumsft_0-1668044347281.png

Best Regards,

Hi, 

I only want some rows to be converted to %, since I depivoted several columns... Do you know if it is possible to do that or do I have to create another table ?

Thank you for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.