Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to reference data calculated within a Line Chart

Hi guys,

I have a line chart (pic below) where the data is chosen to be the median (in the drop down option in the Y-axis), and I need to be able to reference the values for Market and Client separately. The client data I believe is just one row, so is not really a median value, but the Market data will have many rows to calculate the medians.

My issue is that I would need to find the median for every year individually if I used a measure to calculate the median values for the Market - which is inefficient and new data gets added regularly. This median is different than if I just apply a =MEDIAN() to the data. But I can see the values when I go on table view, and I know I can export this tabulated data into a CSV, but again I would like to avoid this and keep it all calculated within the report.

So, I would like to reference the data table from the graph that it shows (such as table below), so that I can use this in other calculations/visuals.

Renewal YearBranchMedian of FOT Rate
2016Market3.30%
2016Client2.55%
2017Market3.58%
2017Client2.51%
2018Market6.00%
2018Client4.10%
2019Market5.94%
2019Client4.14%
2020Market7.47%
2020Client4.70%
2021Market7.63%
2021Client4.80%
2022Market8.20%
2022Client4.58%
2023Market9.16%
2023Client5.70%

tempsnip.png

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Based on what I got

a New column =

MEDIANX(filter(Table, [Renewal Year] = earlier([Renewal Year]) ), [Median of FOT Rate])

a new measure =

MEDIANX(filter(allselected(Table), [Renewal Year] = max([Renewal Year]) ), [Median of FOT Rate])

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak thank you for your reply. I only have [FOT Rate] and the 'Median of FOT Rate' only comes within the table data drop down options, as I have shown in picture below. How would this affect your code you have written above?

BCGC_0-1684764506084.png

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.