Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to read CSV file date and display at TAB ?

Hi All

My CSV file store at sharepoint , can PBI read the file date and display the date at PBI ? So that i aware the latest raw data update date.

Paul

8 REPLIES 8
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Paulyeo11 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

yes you can do this, simply connect to your root sharepoint web url, navigate till you finde the folder or file you looking for but dont open the file itself, you will noticethere you have the data as a table of each file here you can get this you looking for: 

StefanoGrimaldi_1-1611056671229.png

result: 

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1611056629256.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Stefan

I just goole and found below link , mean I need to modify my M code , in order to get the date info :-

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/new-column-from-import-file-timestamp/m-p/549396

Are you able to help me modify my M code ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uncyvpb0s08babp/PBT_V2021_112%20How%20to%20get%20date%20info.pbix?dl=0

My PBI file

Paul Yeo

Paul

Hi @Paulyeo11 

You can get data from sharepoint twice by sharepoint folder in power bi desktop.

You can import table in first one into desktop and build your report by it.

Don't import second one and filter second one to show the date modified of the data source you use.

Query1:

2.png

Query2:3.png

Result:

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi Stefan

Yes , that is what i need. I notice that file date after load into PQ , the date appear , but once import to PBI , the date filed dis-appear , not sure how to get the date back ?

Paul Yeo

strange doesnt dissapear for me, as the sample before, you just need to get to the field and load, didnt do anything diferent. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Amit

I think i never explan clearly my requirement.

What i need is to know my raw data file " Date " as every CSV file will have date , so in case due to SAP never generate new raw data to PBI , i can check SAP why never generate new raw data file ? what i need is to read CSV file date. and display PBI.

if today 19/01/2021 and PBI display file date = 01/01/2021 , then i know my raw data never update for 18 days.

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.