Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to order year-month-weekno on X-axis in chronological order in Line chart

Hi,

I have the below dataset, Week column is in Year-Month-Week number format.  I cannot convert Week column to Date data type. When I convert Week to Date data type, Power Bi is changing week to Year-Month-Day format.

Sample Dataset.jpg

How to arrange X-axis chronologically in line chart. I would like to see my line chart X-axis in Date chronological order(Year-Month-Week number) but not Year and Alphabetical order(2016-APR-1,2016-AUG-1, 2016-DEC-1, 2016-FEB-1 and so on ).

Please let me know how to arrange X-axis in Year-Month-Week number order in Line chart.

Order Year-Month-Week No Chronologically.jpg

Thank you!

Regards,

Aswini 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous see image below, you will select date not hierarchy

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous change it to date format and on x-axis value drop-down and select option with no hierarchy

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k ,

I cannot change it to Date format as I am not able to change week column to Year-Month-Week Date format.

When I change week column to Date Format, Power Bi converts week column to Year-Month-Day format instead of Year-Month-Week Date format.

Please let me know if there is a way to convert Week column in my dataset to Year-Month-Week Date format.

Thank you!

Regards,

Aswini

@Anonymous I don't think you need to worry about how it creates the hierarchy, you just change not to use hierarchy when you drop this column on x-axis.

@Anonymous see image below, you will select date not hierarchy

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors