Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to integrate my own machine learning models in Power Bi ?

Hello everyone,

I would like to integrate machine learning into power Bi, and I have not found an answer to my problem in the power Bi help documents or on this forum.

My problem is simple to understand but harder to code:

I have an AI model already trained in python. I have saved it in pickle format but also deployed it in Azure Machine Learning.

I would like to create a dashboard with user input (parameters) on one side of the dashboard. This data would be the inputs used to make the prediction with my Machine Learning model.

However, I can't load my ML model in Power Bi. Azure gives a python script that allows you to consume the model, this script works very well under jupyter notebook but does not work under Power Bi.

I don't know if what I'm trying to do is feasible, has anyone ever managed to integrate their Machine Learning model into power BI and make it predict live on the dashboards?

Thank you in advance for your answers which will be of great help to me!

Axel

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you solved this problem? If yes, could you kindly accept the answer helpful as the solution (or kindly share your solution ). so the others can find it more quickly.
really appreciate!
Any question, please let me know. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _Tang

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous In Power Query use the Azure Machine Learning option on the Home tab all the way to the right?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler Thank you very much for your reply ! 

I already did it and as you can see I have my Machine Learning Model function on the left.

The problem is, I don't know what is the good way to call this function on the inputs (power BI parameters) in order to make a prediction on those inputs.

Do you have an idea ?

PowerBI.PNG

Hi did you manage to make it predict live on the dashboards? if yes, can you share the solution please?

Hi @Anonymous 

Did you try to enter parameter and hit Invoke button? Besides, I find a tutorial video, hope it helps.

vxiaotang_0-1629440714730.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqgQ3FV3Y34

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous Hmm, this may or may not be a way since I think it is more for Direct Query models:

Dynamic M query parameters in Power BI Desktop (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.