Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FranciscoJVV
Frequent Visitor

How to get the first and last value based on a date and hour

So i have a colums where i get the date and hour, for example on 01/21 i can have 3 values in diferrent hours, like 01/21 10:00 ; 01/21 09:20 ; 01/21  13:05, and i need to get only the 01/21 09:20 wich is the first date that day, and the same but with the last date

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm guessing you're already using a plain date column as a slicer or something like that in order to select the date. If not, may I suggest doing that? From there the first would just be MIN(TableName[DateTimeColumn]) and the last would be MAX(TableName[DateTimeColumn]).

Unless you're trying to do this as another column rather than a measure, in which case I'm not sure how you would want that to work. Would you want all three rows for 1/21 to show the 9:20 time?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm guessing you're already using a plain date column as a slicer or something like that in order to select the date. If not, may I suggest doing that? From there the first would just be MIN(TableName[DateTimeColumn]) and the last would be MAX(TableName[DateTimeColumn]).

Unless you're trying to do this as another column rather than a measure, in which case I'm not sure how you would want that to work. Would you want all three rows for 1/21 to show the 9:20 time?

thanks for the help, I've been using power bi like a week ago, so I'm learning all the comands

I can sympathize. I've been using it since the day it was released to the public and I'm still learning. 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.