Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AEdmonds1990
Frequent Visitor

How to format numbers with different length decimal places. Or how to remove ".00"

Hello,

I have data of mainly whole numbers but with some quarters and halves:

The column containing this data has data type "Decimal Number" in the data view, and format type "General". Now in the data view this looks fine, however in my Reports it looks like:

etc.

This is annoying seeing as most of my numbers are whole numbers. Is there any way I can have this in the Report looking like the first like? This is how the numbers look in the Data View but not in the Report View which is annoying, and it feels like this should be a simply operation.

I have searched the web. I have found you can do it if you format the data as Text, but then this prevent me from doing any kind of conditional formatting on the values.

I also tried inserting a new column with a DAX statement to round the number to 0 decimal places if it is an integer. Again, it looks good in the data view, but in the report it still shows ".00" on most of my data.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AEdmonds1990 , In column/measure tool there is an option for format

write the format there

#.00

Data Format New Rib.png

Yes in format I can either:

A) Format as "General"

This shows the numbers correct in Data View, but in the Report every number still has two decimal places.

B) Format as "Decimal number" with two decimal places

Doing this shows both the numbers in the Data View and Report as having two decimal places.

As far as I can see, no format option for a variable number of decimal places.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.