Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to fill value for empty date to keep continuous same period

I have a line chart and a matrix table, and want to keep the X axis align with table column header to compare data. So I have to fill values for empty date. But there is a problem. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

I have two sample data to compose two visuals:

the first table to compose line chart: sheet1:

WX20191113-174203@2x.png

the second table to compose the matrix table: sheet2:

WX20191113-174221@2x.png

here is the final visuals:

WX20191113-174139@2x.png

Based on table 1, because not every day has full data for each brand/keyword. To keep two visuals align at X axis, I created measure for line value as below:

Value_measure = CALCULATE(IF(ISBLANK(CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1[Brand]),1=1))),0,CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Value]))))

But the problem is:

Brand1 should only have keyword1,2,3; Brand2 should only have keyword 4,5,6.

But in the line chart, the "legand" shows 6 keywords if I selected Brand1 on left slicer. How should I only show filtered keywords in line chart? 

The main purpose is only show last 6 days data, and compare two chart values. 

Here is the sample data and PBI file:

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1fJY65WvpTVr23h9trR0ntA

Download code is "wy9h"

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should create a date table, for example, Date=calendar(min([datesyouhave),max([datesyouhave])) and make a relationship between that table and your fact table.

Let me know if it helped.

BR,

DR

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply. I already have two mapping tables for date and brand, to keep two charts interacted by slicers. But it doesn't help.

pic1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I might have miss understood your question, what do you need exactly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see the final visual, using the "value_measure" I have filled the empty data in line chart.

But the problem is when I filter Brand1, line chart should only show 3 lines for keywords1,2,3. But now it shows 6 lines for keywords1,2,3,4,5,6.

What I want to achieve is when I select Brand1, only Keywords1,2,3 shows in line chart(with filled 0 value while keywords1,2,3 has no data on that day). 

I hope someone can help to modify the "value_measure" to archieve it. Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.