Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Olifer
Frequent Visitor

How to dynamically adapt the y-axis depending on a filter

Dear Power BI community,

I have set up a stacked column chart as shown in pic1 (on the left). When I filter for certain values in another chart, it changes to what's shown in pic2 (on the right).

As you see, pic2 still shows the original values in light orange in the background and the newly filtered values in darker orange in the front. Since the filtered values are quite small, I would like the original values not to be shown in the background but only show the filtered ones. Additionally, the y-axis should then adapt automatically to the filtered values.

Is there a way in Power BI to achieve this? I'd be greatful for any hints.

Original valuesOriginal valuesOriginal (light orange) and filtered (dark orange) valuesOriginal (light orange) and filtered (dark orange) values

Thanks a lot and best regards
Oliver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Olifer , Change interactions to filter

How Interactions Work- Split Page using interactions to compare - https://youtu.be/GIfRKzhMaR4

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Olifer
Frequent Visitor

This did the trick - thanks a lot for poining me to that video. I was not aware of Filter Interactions up to now.

Best regards

Oliver

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Olifer , Change interactions to filter

How Interactions Work- Split Page using interactions to compare - https://youtu.be/GIfRKzhMaR4

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.