Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rile14
Helper I
Helper I

How to disable users to change the size of the column in the table when using Power BI online

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to disable users to change the size of the table's column when they are using Power BI online?

I don't want anyone to have a chance to edit the column size.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rile14 

It is not supported to disable report users to change column width of table visual currectly. You could vote up for the following idea Microsoft Idea  · Lock column width in the service (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mariuslee

October 2023, still not supported. There might be (sort of) a workaround, for anyone still struggling with this.
You can try putting a transparent shape on top of the matrix/table header, make sure it covers the entire column headers part and make sure you bring the shape in front of (or over) the matrix/table.
Then, on the matrix or table, ensure the Maintain layer order property is enabled. This way, the headers are still visible for the user, but the user cannot access the resize tool, as the headers are now behind the transparent shape.
Not the nicest way of doing such a simple task.

ELW
Advocate II
Advocate II

It's been almost two years.  Is this still not possible in PowerBI?

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rile14 

It is not supported to disable report users to change column width of table visual currectly. You could vote up for the following idea Microsoft Idea  · Lock column width in the service (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rile14  not sure if it is possible. 

refer to below link for similar query

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Disable-the-column-size-dragging-by-the-user/m-p/906388

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.