Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ace424

How to depict the real value not the average of values

I am trying to plot an "actual vs. predicted" chart on Power BI. Unfortunately, I do not see any way how to depict a bunch of real values with respect to time of the day (x axis) instead of the average of both the actuals and predicted which is now being displayed? Attached are the images of my chart, the fields settings and my actual set of fields (tables) that data is being pulled from.

In actuals_preds table, my "Date" column is of type Date, "Time" column is Time, "actuals" is Decimal Number amd "predicteds" is Whole Number.

Is there any way I can get the actual values to be shown on screen without transforming it (like std dev, sum, count, avg, etc.)? Pointers to proceed would be appreciated.

1.png2.png3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ace424

When you drag numerical fields to Values section of Line chart, fields will be aggregated by default. If you have different time values for same day in your table, you are able to see actual value when clicking the third drill-down button.
1.JPG

Alternatively, you can create a table visual using these fields, then choose “Don’t summarize” for actuals  and predicteds fields.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ace424

When you drag numerical fields to Values section of Line chart, fields will be aggregated by default. If you have different time values for same day in your table, you are able to see actual value when clicking the third drill-down button.
1.JPG

Alternatively, you can create a table visual using these fields, then choose “Don’t summarize” for actuals  and predicteds fields.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

you can use max or min and if you have lowest unit on your x axis, you will get actual value. (or look like actual value), you have to have the lower denomiator on x axis to see the actual value.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.