Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Grantx
Frequent Visitor

How to create a chart showing positive and negative values as in the attachment

Hi,

How is the following type of chart acheived? Also, can it be made to stand on end ie. rotated 90 degrees to an upright position?

MAny thanks.

Grantx_0-1677101485785.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HassanAshas
Helper V
Helper V

Click on the Chart, go to Format your Visual in the Visualizations pane. Search for "Columns" attribute and then click on "fx" to apply conditional formatting in your Chart.

There on, use the following rules, 

HassanAshas_0-1677102311583.png

You need to select "Rules" as your Format Style, and in the the field column, select the "Measure" or the Aggregate Column value (in my case, it is Sum of Revenue) that you are using on your Y-Axis. 

Now, create the rules as you would like to see the colors (I copied the colors from your chart and made the rule accordingly. You may copy the rules as I applied above to get the desired result) 

As for rotating it 90 degrees, do you mean to say changing the Chart's direction to horizontal bars? You can easily do it by changing the chart type to Stacked Bar Chart. Click on this chart as depicted in the image below,

HassanAshas_1-1677102459343.png

You will get a result similar to this, 

HassanAshas_2-1677102485345.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grantx
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Very much sppreciate your response.

HassanAshas
Helper V
Helper V

Click on the Chart, go to Format your Visual in the Visualizations pane. Search for "Columns" attribute and then click on "fx" to apply conditional formatting in your Chart.

There on, use the following rules, 

HassanAshas_0-1677102311583.png

You need to select "Rules" as your Format Style, and in the the field column, select the "Measure" or the Aggregate Column value (in my case, it is Sum of Revenue) that you are using on your Y-Axis. 

Now, create the rules as you would like to see the colors (I copied the colors from your chart and made the rule accordingly. You may copy the rules as I applied above to get the desired result) 

As for rotating it 90 degrees, do you mean to say changing the Chart's direction to horizontal bars? You can easily do it by changing the chart type to Stacked Bar Chart. Click on this chart as depicted in the image below,

HassanAshas_1-1677102459343.png

You will get a result similar to this, 

HassanAshas_2-1677102485345.png

Hi ,

Is there a way to compare with dynamic value ? 

For example I want to compare the average sales vs total average sales 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.