Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

D_PBI
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to create a calculated column needed to hold the previous date from the data column?

Hi,
I have a date column named 'Min Date'. I would like to created a new calculated column that will hold the previous Min Date value. The below table shows my intention.

D_PBI_0-1707911177758.png

Note where the 'Min Date' value is 01/04/2023, the rows 'Previous Min Date' column holds 01/01/2023 which is the very next earlier date in the 'Min Date' column.
Note where the 'Min Date' value is 01/09/2022, the rows 'Previous Min Date' column holds 01/05/02021 which is the very next earlier date in the Min Date column.
I hope this makes sense. Please can you inform me on the DAX needed to created this 'Previous Min Date' column?
Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
D_PBI
Post Patron
Post Patron

@v-yifanw-msft  No. Unfortunately the help above hasn't resolved my issue. However, I've moved on from this initial question and therefore no longer require this particular thread answering.

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @D_PBI ,

May I ask if your problem has been solved. If the above reply was helpful, you may consider marking it as solution. If the problem is not yet solved, please feel free to ask us a question.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired out put and pbix file without privacy information.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

D_PBI
Post Patron
Post Patron

@amitchandak - thanks for your response. I will need to come back to this and see if it completes my aim.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@D_PBI , try a new column like

Maxx(filter(Table, [Min Date] < earlier([Min date])), [Min Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.